Sunday, August 1, 2010

Old Cowtown

Old Cowtown Museum Wichita
My sister and her family drove through Wichita this weekend on their way home from Minnesota. It was great to have some time with family and see a little more of Wichita. We visited the Old Cowtown Museum (click on photo above to view album), a replica of Wichita in the 1870s when it was, literally, a cowtown. Although it was hot (over 100 degrees), we enjoyed wandering the street (only one, really), seeing the old fashioned grain elevator, blacksmith shop, and general store before finally hitting the saloon for a cold sarsaparilla (basically, rootbeer). My niece and nephew spent most of the rest of the time on their iTouch or laptop playing games, texting or whatever.
Tomorrow I start my OB rotation. I'm very excited to start delivering babies! I'll keep you posted how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment